Build and run your own database driven web application directly from home or office by using your ADSL line
You may also like
DBFree is a Microsoft Windows™ development environment for web applications based on MaxScript, a powerful XBase interpreter, and the Xitami web server.
DBFree also offers versions suitable for use with Apache and Internet Information Server™ as well as with WebMatrix™.
DBFree allows to build and run web applications from a single package that includes a dedicated script interpreter, an embedded database engine and a suitable web server.
* Xitami webserver active on port 80 and preconfigured for multiple hosting;
* MaxScript interpreter, running behind the scenes;
* preconfigured default companion site to use on LAN side;
* preconfigured empty public website to modify and expose to internet;
* code editor (PSPad) with MaxScript sintax highlighting;
* Many examples of code;
* Command Prompt i-App, for testing code interactively ;
* DB Assistant i-App for viewing, creating and editing data tables;
* MaxScript Reference i-App for consulting language reference and examples;
* preconfigured website, secured and ready to run on internet;
* preconfigured webserver software (Xitami 2.5) running on port 80;
* preconfigured User Access Control Module with login screen
DBFree is the only freeware implementation of powerful MaxScript scripting language, a revisiting of the Xbase (Clipper) language developed and engineered to work on the web.
DBFree is intended mainly for developing web applications using server-side scripts, but offers also a "no-skills required" version that can be used interactively by anyone to manage data, create and share databases with coworkers or customers, on internet, LAN or wireless tablets, without need of programming anything
Advanced and office users, part-time developers, small business, no-profit organisations, students.
DBFree is not only for programmers!